2014 Olmsted Falls Board of Education
(Front, L to R): Board of Education President James Weisbarth and Vice President Joe Bertrand. (Back, L to R): Board Members Holly Neumann, Greg Surtman and Linda Parkowski.
Board of Education members can be contacted via e-mail at BoardofEducation@ofcs.net.
The Olmsted Falls Board of Education is a five person elected body that sets policy for the Olmsted Falls City School District. The role of the Board of Education and Administration is to provide educational leadership in the community. The Board and Administration work together with the staff and residents to create programs that effectively prepare students for their future beyond high school; provide a satisfying and safe workplace; and maintain fiscal responsibility for the District.
The Olmsted Falls Board of Education has established the following Guiding Principles.
The Olmsted Falls Board of Education will:
1. First and foremost, strive to provide for a comprehensive “student experience” that prepares students academically and that builds in them a skill set that will provide them with the tools they need to succeed (critical thinking, communication, organization) during their school years and beyond.
2. Be balanced in approaching its objectives to ensure that Olmsted Falls School District is continuously focused on maintaining and improving, in the most efficient way possible, its level of excellence as a “Triple A” school district (Academics/Athletics/Arts).
3. Always communicate in an open and honest manner with each other, and with administrators, staff, students, parents and community members.
4. Demonstrate mutual respect, trust and understanding.
5. Participate in collaborative decision-making.
6. Ensure decisions are data-driven and that due diligence is done to gather all information.
7. Seek to continuously improve district operations to maximize efficiency and encourage innovation.