WELCOME TO THE OFIS COUNSELOR'S CORNER!
Mrs. Schmid is the School Counselor at OFIS. She is located in room 414d.
What does a School Counselor do?
- Works with ALL students
- Helps students develop socially, emotionally, and academically
- Connects with students through individual counseling, small group counseling, and classroom guidance lessons
- Promotes individual differences among students
- Works in collaboration and consultation with parents, teachers, and administrators
- Provides families with support and assistance as needed
Students and parents are ensured confidentiality. That is, all conversations will stay between the student and the school counselor. Exceptions to this confidentiality include: a student is in danger of harming himself/herself, a student is in danger of harming someone else, a student reports abuse or neglect, or when a judge orders disclosure of information.
Why contact the School Counselor?
- Concerns over student behavior
- Concerns over student achievement
- Friendship/peer relations
- Life changes
- Discussing special needs of their child
- Family difficulties or concerns
- Family health problems
- Early discussion of potential crisis
There are many clothing and food resources available to our students and families. Please contact the School Counselor at any time with questions or concerns.
How does a parent/guardian contact the School Counselor?
Parents/guardians can call or email Mrs. Schmid at any time for a phone conference or to set up a school visit. *You can also complete a referral form located under the Links section on the right.
How does a student see the School Counselor?
- Parent referral
- Teacher or staff referral
- Administration referral
- Referral by friend(s)
- Request of the counselor
Mrs. Amanda Schmid, NCE