Dear Bulldog Community,
We are continuing to prepare for our district’s return to a 5 days per week instructional model beginning this Monday, February 22nd. While additional details will be coming directly from your child’s building principal, I am personally emailing today to share important information with families about expectations surrounding student attendance once we shift to the new model.
As a majority of our students return to a more traditional 5 days per week in-person model of instruction, there will be a need for consistency in student attendance in classrooms - for both those attending in-person as those who will be remaining remote. It will be critical for student safety and accountability that buildings are able to efficiently account for the whereabouts of all students each day. It will also be beneficial to maximizing valuable instructional time by streamlining attendance taking.
Please take a few moments to review the following expectations:
- Students who are in Pathway A are expected to attend school in person 5-days a week unless they have an illness or quarantine situation that puts them out for an extended period of time.
- For students in grades 4-12 that have a situation that will put them out for an extended period of time (e.g. COVID, surgery, mono, etc.), they will be reassigned to remote instruction (Pathway B) for the duration of their situation until they can return to in-person instruction.
- Students in grades 4-12 who are supposed to be in Pathway A who suddenly show up in the remote setting without formal approval will be removed from class by the teacher and marked absent.
- Students will not be permitted to intermittently remote into their classrooms for situations such as:
- They’re too tired to attend school.
- They just don’t feel like physically going to school today.
- The student thinks remoting in is easier and disagrees with their parents decision to return to school.
- They have a doctor’s appointment.
- They are experiencing a short-term illness.
- If a student misses the bus, please call the transportation department at (440) 427-6350 so that we can help get the student to school.
- Students in Pathway B are expected to attend remote instruction daily and parents are expected to call in to report absences as they normally would for any day your student is ill and will not be present online.
Thank you in advance for your attention and adherence to these important expectations outlined above. We are very much looking forward to this exciting transition back to 5 days per week and appreciate your ongoing assistance in helping us maintain efficient, effective and safe operations of our buildings. Please do not hesitate to reach out to your child’s building principal with any questions or concerns.
Jim Lloyd, Superintendent
Olmsted Falls City School District
26937 Bagley Rd.
Olmsted Township, OH 44138